Notice: We are experiencing issues with the online catalog's password reset feature. Until this is resolved, please contact your local branch library if you need to reset your password. We apologize for the inconvenience.
When you go to log in to your account, does the page not display properly? If so, please click here for instructions on how to solve the problem.
Evergreen Searching Tips
Basic Searching Guidelines
- Type your search term into the data line next to the Go! button.
- Select the type of search you want to do from the drop-down menu: Keyword; Title; Author; Subject; or Series
- Select the format you want: All Formats; Books; Large Print Books; Audiobooks (books on tape/CD); Videorecordings (VHS/DVD); Music (audiotapes/CDs) or Electronic Resources (CD-ROMs)
- Click the Go! button.
- From the results screen, look at all the options brought up by your search and view records by clicking on the title.
- In the Copy Summary near the bottom of the page, click on Details for more information about where to find the item.
- You can start another Basic Search session at the top of the results page.
- Click on the Go Back button to return to the previous screen.
Advanced Searching Guidelines
- From the Basic Search screen that the computer defaults to, click on Advanced Search at the bottom left.
- Using the Search Input fields, type in as many fields of text as you want and select the type of information you want for each field from the drop-down menus (Keyword; Title; Author; Subject; or Series and the Google-like operators, such as: contain; does not contain; or matches exactly
- Click the Add Search Row to add more fields.
- Using the Search Filters along the right side, you can narrow your search (Item Form; Item Type; Literary Form; Language; Audience; and Shelving Location)
- The more Search Filters you use, the fewer results you will get and the more filters you use, the greater the chance that you will get zero results.
- Use the Sort Criteria drop-down menu to sort your results.
- Change the size of the text from Regular to Large (the upper right corner of the screen)
- Click Submit Search when you are ready to search.
- Then, follow Steps 5 through 8 on the Basic Searching Guidelines.
Online Catalog and Databases Help
If you are having trouble accessing the Online Catalog or Online Databases, try the following:
If you have a dial-up modem and your Internet provider uses a "web accelerator," try turning the web accelerator
off before accessing the databases and then turning it back on when finished.
Do not use favorites or shortcuts to access the catalog or databases. Use the links directly from our main page, www.yclibrary.org, because they change from time to time.
If you have a firewall, such as Norton Internet Security, you may be blocking the information from being returned to you. Try turning your firewall off temporarily.
Be sure to enter your entire barcode when prompted.
Try clearing your browser cache and deleting your cookies.